httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Peelman <npeel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Resolve issue
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 11:18:08 GMT
Glen Vickers wrote:

> K I think I’ve narrowed it down a bit. I think my config is fine. My
> fault lies in my resolution I think. They all resolve to the same
> machine which is itself but it’s a hit and miss. It seems I get either
> the buddistpalm site or the sillum site but they don’t always point to
> their intended content….
>
> Someone please tell me what I’m missing. I need to get paid! lol
>
> Heres my resolv.conf
>
> search buddistpalm.net
>
> search sillumutah.com
>
> search sillumutah.net
>
> nameserver 192.168.1.10
>
> nameserver 198.60.22.2 (ISP name server)
>
> Here’s my hosts file
>
> 192.168.1.10 shaolin buddistpalm.net sillumutah.com sillumutah.net
> localhost.localdomain localhost
>
> And my config
>
> #
>
> # Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
>
> # ports, in addition to the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
>
> # directive.
>
> #
>
> # Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
>
> # prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
>
> #
>
> #Listen 12.34.56.78:80
>
> Listen 192.168.1.10:80
>

> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>
> ServerAdmin monk@buddistpalm.net
>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>
> ServerName buddistpalm.net
>
> ErrorLog logs/buddispalm.net-error_log
>
> CustomLog logs/buddistpalm.net-access_log common
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>
> ServerAdmin monk@buddistpalm.net
>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/sillumutah
>
> ServerName sillumutah.com
>
> ServerAlias sillumutah.net
>
> ErrorLog logs/sillumutah.error_log
>
> CustomLog logs/sillumutah.access_log common
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Include /etc/httpd/conf/squirrelmail.conf
>
> Include /etc/httpd/conf/toaster.conf

Not really sure what the problem is but two things... from my configs I
have:

Listen 80

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
... site 1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
... site 2
</VirtualHost>

...so try removing the ip address from Listen and NVH and remove the
port numbers from VH to see if it works. Especially if you are NOT 100%
the ip will never change. I have never had any issues. Have operated on
both direct connection and through a router without problems. Also
remenber, since you are using VHs then all sites have to be in VHs. Just
make sure that the default site you want someone to see if they come to
your machine via hxxp://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn (your ip) is the first VH in the
config.

Norm