httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jacqui caren <jacqui.ca...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RESTARTING APACHE
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 07:04:37 GMT
Dragon wrote:
> Bashiro wrote:
> >[snip]
> If Apache had any major memory leaks or other problems that caused a
> need to be restarted, I can assure you it would not be used as a
> production server by a large part of the ISP industry.

If you are running anti-virus software (on the windows box), be very
very wary - many vendors only implement part of the network API
and Apache aften uses bit they do not implement well, leading to
crashes memleaks and hangs. At least that is what happened to me
under win2K with three different firewalls - evetually the client
gave up and relied on external protection.

FWIR there is a note to this effect in the documentation.