httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Craig" <mark.a.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tools for better viewing Apache access logs?
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 06:57:31 GMT
Yep, I've wound up finding and downloading nearly a dozen alleged log
analyzers, but most of them seem to do things I don't want while not
doing what I do want, which is a simple columnar display of the logs,
perhaps with a few filtering or sorting choices.  I actually screwed
around with importing the log into Excel, which got me closer to what I
want (at the moment) than any of those analyzers I've installed so far.
One of them even made things MORE confused, because it functioned
through the browser by hitting the server and adding dozens of new
irrelevant hits to the Apache log.  What's that old science cliche about
the act of observation altering the subject?  >:-(

Mark