httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Craig" <mark.a.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] preventing "self" entries in access log?
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 22:55:44 GMT
Joshua:

Yep, in lieu of an automated "inline" way to do it, I'll just have to
strip them out by hand (or grow a mental blindspot to them :-).  Since
the IP and hostname does vary every time the DHCP lease expires, it
means there's no backend way at all I could automate it.  The only means
of automation would be by comparing the server IP to the requesting IP
at the time of the request, and rejecting any that match.

I just wanted to do it to eliminate needless clutter from the log and
make it easier to scan the useful stuff.

Mark