httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A. Craig" <mark.a.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Tools for better viewing Apache access logs?
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 18:49:54 GMT
Thanks again to those who helped me get past my BSOD problem and finally
put Apache to use.  Now that I'm using it, I'm wondering if there's some
tool that exists to enhance and restructure the display of information
in Apache's access log?  I'd like to view the log with a hostname and
more column-structured, in particular.  The previous server I was using
included hostnames and displayed everything in well-ordered columns, and
I found those to be a very helpful features.  Is there a viewing utility
for Apache that can display the log in (configurable) columns and
resolve the IP addresses to hostnames and display those as well?

That hostname feature was how I immediately knew when the U.S.
government had been snooping on my blog:
150.148.0.27/wallwhale-pub.fda.gov.  ;-)

Mark