httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Arnab Ganguly" <agangul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Memory usage in Apache
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 15:44:08 GMT
Hi,
What my observation is, intialy the memory consumption is increased but
after sometime it remains same.Also the memory consumption by the active
daemon doesn't comes down even there is no processing of request.All the
above things happen only when I keep the MaxRequestperchild to 0.

My next question is I hve kept the ServerLimit and StartServers as 1 but
once the Apache runs for say around 20hrs with good traffic, it still
launches one more  daemon process...Why this behavior is happening I am not
sure.
The modules that I have loaded are the cgi module, server-status module and
mod_authz_host module.Does this have any impact one the above behaviors?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
-A