httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James White" <jbwhi...@ncsu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] timeout problem with Debian Etch 64
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 02:50:01 GMT
I have installed Apache 2.2.4 from source on a Xeon server with Debian
Etch amd64 and have a problem setting timeout. I cannot get this test case
to pass

<?php
    passthru(date);
    $time = 310;
    $cmd = "sleep ".$time;
    system($cmd);
    echo "<br />".$time."<br />";
    passthru(date);

?>

I have Timeout 400 and KeepAliveTimeout 400 in httpd.conf, but it does not
work. If I change the time to 290 it will pass. Also, I run this same
script on an identically built Debian Etch on a Pentium 686 then the
timeout setting in the httpd.conf file works and the script passes. Is
this a bug or is there some work around?

James White
Programmer
Biodiversity and Spatial Information Center
North Carolina State University
www.basic.ncsu.edu