httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Johnson <...@johnsons-web.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DocumentRoot - Apache2 - Ubuntu
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 10:18:55 GMT
On Wednesday 23 May 2007 12:03, Krist van Besien wrote:
<....>

> What I did is put every <virtualhost> block in its own config file. In
> these config files I configured for every virtual host where the
> docroot is, where it has to log etc...
> All these config files are under sites_available, and sites_enabled
> contains links to these files.
   Hi Krist:
   Thank you for the explanation - here's what I did - paths obfuscated:
   in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default,
   which is symlinked as you describe - I have the following:
  DocumentRoot /mydoc/root/
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/mydoc/root/cgipath/" ## quoted and trailing '/'
    <Directory "/mydoc/root/cgipath">
        AllowOverride None
        Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

I'm much obliged for the help.