httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Johnson <...@johnsons-web.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DocumentRoot - Apache2 - Ubuntu
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 18:44:29 GMT
On Tuesday 22 May 2007 02:05, Stephen wrote:
 <snip>
> > I don't see a `DocumentRoot' variable in the apache2 httpd.conf.
> > Can I add that variable and will it have the same effect .

 Hi Stephen:

> Look at some of the nested/included *.conf files.

  There is no path called `included'.
  the directories below /etc/apache2 are:

conf.d, mods-available, mods-enabled, sites-available, sites-enabled

Line 5 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default
looks like this:
DocumentRoot /var/www/

Is that what you are referring to?

> The idea is that changes are made to them, and not http.conf.

 Pointer/URLs to documentation on this subject are invited too.
thanks
tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>