httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bashiro"<bash...@myway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RESTARTING APACHE
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 07:11:44 GMT

I think you have a good point here. I will reconsider
by first investigating what the main cause might be.
Thanks a lot

Bashiro

 --- On Thu 05/03, Dragon < dragon@crimson-dragon.com > wrote:
From: Dragon [mailto: dragon@crimson-dragon.com]
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 13:33:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RESTARTING APACHE

Bashiro wrote:>I want to restart Apache for the same reason why people want to >restart
any other program.>For freeing memory ? for dumping memory ? for dumping log file?>for
releasing overload, for stability (in order to release hanging files) etc----------------
End original message. ---------------------Considering that Apache runs for extended periods
on linux and other similar OS platforms without need for periodic restarts, I can't imagine
that it would need it on Windows either. In fact, I ran an instance of an older Apache version
(I don't recall which one) on a Windows 2000 machine for months at a time and never had a
problem with it. The only times that Apache installation was ever restarted were when the
machine was rebooted after software updates or installs.If Apache had any major memory leaks
or other problems that caused a need to be restarted, I can assure you it would not be used
as a production server by a large part of the ISP
official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html>

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.