httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Henderson <dhender...@digital-pipe.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] single webpage redirect
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 19:55:52 GMT
Guys,

    I have another question.  This one is just to maintain uniformity and is not a must.
I adjusted the apache server that doesn't contain the user database (site2) to use the database
at site1 by redirecting the login.html to login.server.com.  This is working just fine when
people access the site2's apache server.  If the people use the site1 apache server, no redirection
is required (obviously), but I would like the url to remain consistant between the two sites
when people access the webpage.  Is there a way to mask the url on site1's apache server to
read as login.server.com instead of the actual server name.  I already have dns setup and
working correctly (since site2 works fine), I would just like this to be uniform.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Henderson <dhenderson@digital-pipe.com> wrote: Thanks Joshua and The Gaijin.  I
ended up using Joshua's suggestion (I also had to modify my dns settings), but it worked beautifully.

Thanks again!
Dave

Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote: On 5/5/07, The Gaijin  wrote:

> RewriteEngine On