httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter79 <kellerkin...@hotmail.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with CA-Certifcates
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 16:41:45 GMT

Hello,
i have got 2 problems with my Apache using mod_ssl and authentification with
client-certificates.

1. When the Apache is running and i copy a new pem-encoded CA-Certificate in
the specified directory (SSLCACertifcatePath) and create the symbolic
hash-link, no client is able to connect with the website with his
Client-Certificate issued by the copied CA until i restart the Server. Is
this a Bug? Or is there any way to actualise the CA-Certificates without a
restart?

2. The Number of CA-Certificates seems to be limited at ~250. When i use too
many CA-Certificates in the Directory (SSLCACertifcatePath) the SSL-Message
from the Server to the Client is malformed and no Client can connect. Is
this also a Bug?

Dont ask me, why i need more than 250 CA-Certificates. Its for a
Masterthesis.