httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is Win32 Apache ready for prime time?
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 11:21:01 GMT
Regarding Apache 2.2 on Windows, does anyone know how can I set it for waiting more when trying
to start or stop it?

If I do
net stop apache2.2

It tries to stop for a long time, then it gives the error that it can't be stopped.
But it continues to try stopping, and in the meantime I cannot start it again.

Then, sometimes I try to start it with
net start apache2.2

It tries to start, but it gives an error telling that it cannot start. However, it continues
to try starting, and finally it really starts.

I am using a Catalyst application with mod_perl.

Thank you.

Octavian

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jess Holle
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Is Win32 Apache ready for prime time?

  William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
morgan gangwere wrote:
  i will agree that the win32 version of apache is *godly* stable - im
running somwthing like 2.2.3 win32 - a nice stable version.
    Note that 2.2.4 fixed a *number* of bugs (and introduced one into Win2000,
the flaw of resolving all clients as 0.0.0.0 - disable win32 acceptex to
work around that one).  2.2.5 will be substantially improved over 2.2.4,
as well.
  That's nice to hear.

  When will 2.2.5 see the light of day, though?

  --
  Jess Holle