httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Heal" <th...@pace2020.com>
Subject [users@httpd] virtual host, drone and port 8080
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 00:24:59 GMT
OK, I really hate to be writing this. But I have tried everything I can think of. ProxyPass,
RewiteRule and although I
can get http://irc2.mydomain.com/drone to work, I can not figure out how to get drilling in
to work.

I am using apache 1.3 and Virtual hosts. When I go to the drone main page and I try to go
into a channel it tries to go
to http://localhost:8080/logs

I have a web irc channel at the same address. This works on another server but I can not get
it to work on this new
server. What I want to do is go to the web irc interface at URL http://irc2.mydomain.com/
and I want drone ( a java app
running on jetty at port 8080) to operate at URL http://irc2.mydomain.com/drone.

below is the bits from my conf file. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Tony

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.37>

        ServerAdmin webmaster@mydomain.com

        DocumentRoot /var/www/cgiirc

        DirectoryIndex index.html

                        RewriteRule /index\.html /cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi [R]

                        RewriteEngine on

        ServerName irc2.mydomain.com

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/cgiirc-error.log

        CustomLog /var/log/apache/cgiirc-access.log combined

        <Location /drone>

                                    AuthUserFile {my passwd file}

                                    AuthName ByPassword

                                    AuthType Basic