httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ravi Prakash" <ravi.prak...@otssolutions.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] question
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 14:23:06 GMT

Hi,

Details:

1. I have to use two apache web servers on two machines having some modules
in each of them.
2. Any of the apache module should be able to communicate with the apache
module of another machine.
3. I want ,when modules interact to each other on two machines , they could
use certificate based authentication to identify each other.

That is the work I want to do.

Certainly U people will help me.

Thanks

Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: jslive@gmail.com [mailto:jslive@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Slive
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:36 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] question

On 5/30/07, Ravi Prakash <ravi.prakash@otssolutions.com> wrote:

>  I want certificate based authentication among remotely located apache
>
>  modules just like client/server authentication. Does mod_ssl provides
>
>  any mechanism to do it?
>

>  If no, how can I authenticate a module to a remote module ?

Apache has no such thing as "remote module(s)". Please be more
specific about what you are trying to do.

(One guess is that you are using a reverse proxy to send requests from
one apache instance to another. In that case, yes, you should be able
to use certificate auth between the two servers. See the SSLProxy*
directives. But I've never done this myself so I don't know the
details.)

Joshua.