httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Gosling" <johngosl...@realneedsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] GET requests being changed to POST
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 14:38:09 GMT
Thanks for the reply Joshua.

Firstly your quite right.  The title is the wrong way round.  Apologies -
it's been a hard day !!

Secondly, I should explain that I am a web developer and not a server
administrator so I don't have access to very much except to the access logs
at our ISP. I'm simply trying to see whether Apache is the cause of the
problem and whether we can find a workaround to whatever is causing it.

As regards the logs, I have posted some extracts below (with IP No. and date
removed to make them more readable).  In the case of the first four, the
response size of 1483 is simply our "Thank You" page following final
submission.  In fact no data was received from these submissions.  In case
of the last two, it was for a short error message following lack of received
data.  In the majority of cases though, we have identical records in the
logs which are showing as POST and where there was successful transmission
of data.  Each of the codes below has a 200 response !  In all cases, the
request was sent as POST.

John

"GET /cgi-bin/response.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 1483 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"
"GET /cgi-bin/response.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 1483 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"
"GET /cgi-bin/response.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 1483
"http://www.teamfocus.co.uk/cgi-bin/quest.pl" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"
"GET /cgi-bin/response.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 1483
"http://www.teamfocus.co.uk/cgi-bin/quest.pl" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"
"GET /cgi-bin/quest.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 62
"http://www.teamfocus.co.uk/cgi-bin/quest.pl" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"
"GET /cgi-bin/quest.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 62
"http://www.teamfocus.co.uk/cgi-bin/quest.pl" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
"GET /cgi-bin/quest.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 62 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"