httpd-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Vaughan <cavaug...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Meta tags: keywords and description
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:37:57 GMT
It is my understanding that the metatag "Keywords" is not really used by
search engine crawlers any more, and that description is the better to
use. Could someone confirm that?

Also, I wondering about the syntax for these. For example, I am looking at
the description for a law firm. It has:

"General business law, commercial transactions, real estate, contracts,
new entity formation.  Wills, trusts & estate planning.  Immigration:
Employer Petitions, Business Immigration, Family Petitions, Permanent
Residency & Naturalizations."

In the first place I thought periods were not really used. Also, it was my
understand that you should keep it simple. This description seems rather
complicated. Not to mention misspellings.

Thanks for any input!