httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server Side Inluces Issue Apache 2.2.3
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:27:37 GMT
On 4/26/07, Chakrapani, Praveen Kumar Bellary (Contractor)
<PCHAKRAPANI@ftc.gov> wrote:
> Ok let me explain it again
>
> www.ftc.gov and www.consumer.gov are running on apache version 1.3.31
> with server side includes enabled.
>
> www.consumer.gov has a url in its main page pointing to
> http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/privacy.htm when clicked on this link while
> apache 1.3.31 is running the page appears (which actually loads the page
> http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/privacy.shtm). The document root has no such file
> called privacy.htm
>
> However the same link does not work (page not found error 404) when
> apache 2.2.3 version is running.  Httpd.conf on 2.2.3 is same as 1.3.31
> except addition of two lines as  (AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml,
> AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtm)

Thanks for (finally) providing real examples. That makes it easy to
see what is going on. And indeed, the server is sending a redirect
from privacy.htm to privacy.shtm. This Redirect may be in httpd.conf
or in an .htaccess file (in the document tree), but it must be there
someplace. The RedirectMatch that I suggested earlier would fix this,
although it might have negative consequences if there are some .htm
files that you don't want redirected. If you want a more limited
solution, you can use
Redirect /ftc/privacy.htm http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/privacy.shtm

Joshua.