httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and an External Filter
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:35:06 GMT
On 4/26/07, Mark Zetts <zetts@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>   Running Apache 2.2.4 on Windows 2003 server, I have two problems with an
> external filter written in C.  The Apache server is running as a reverse
> proxy.

Dicey situation, that.  I doubt that mod_external_filter is very well
tested under windows. And even if it was, the fork overhead under
windows is high enough to make performance a real issue. If this is
anything more than a toy, you'd probably be much better off writing a
real output filter. (Check out Nick Kew's new book if you need help
with that.)

Other than that, I've never tried mod_ext_filter on windows. But I'd
start by looking at the standard windows cgi stuff. For example, make
sure your stdin and stdout are both in binary mode.

Joshua.