httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mapping URL to remote file system
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:00:54 GMT
On 4/18/07, sharath reddy <reddy.web@gmail.com> wrote:

> I went through reverse proxy documentation, can i use this reverse proxy
> solution, if i want to map URLs to remote file system which is not a
> webserver

No.

Obviously there is no way to access a remote file system unless it is
somehow shared with the webserver. So how is the remote filesystem
accessible to the webserver? If is accessible as a normal, mountable
filesystem, then just mount it, make sure the permissions are correct,
and then treat it like any other directory on the local filesystem.

(Or, in other words, your problem is way under-specified. If you want
specific help, you need to give us specifics of your setup.)

Joshua.