httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] action causes unexpected extra redirection
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:55:40 GMT
On 4/11/07, Adrian Dixon <adrian@dixon.ukf.net> wrote:
> Using an action directive from the mod_actions module in Apache httpd
> 2.2.4 installations seems to cause two actions rather than just the
> expected one. In the rewrite log with a log level of 9, there is a
> report of a second redirection to a path composed of the action path
> concatenated with the original path (all relative to the document root).
> When redirection is also in effect, this can cause many extra
> redirection requests to appear in the rewrite log. I have not attempted
> to check the behaviour in earlier httpd versions.

I really don't understand what problem you are having. Apache
frequently uses "internal redirects" or subrequests to serve files.
This is a relatively light-weight operation and shouldn't be a concern
to anyone not on the absolute bleeding edge of performance
requirements for static file-serving. Passing the original path on as
PATH_INFO on the subrequest also seems completely expected.

Joshua.