httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] strange behaviour of Readme postamble
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:35:17 GMT
On 4/10/07, Jason Keltz <jas@cse.yorku.ca> wrote:

> Actually, neither is the perfect solution.  If I change the README name
> to README.txt, then users can't use HTML readme files.  The same occurs
> if I force the type on README.  The *real* solution, of course, would be
> for the problem to be fixed in the web server software.  There is
> already functionality for a "DefaultType", and that DefaultType should
> be used when the type of a file cannot be recognized.

I don't know why the DefaultType isn't having the desired effect here;
yes, that could be considered a bug.

But the rest of you comment doesn't make any sense to me. You can't
mix HTML and plain test files under the same URL unless you use
MultiViews. Having DefaultType affect the Includability wouldn't
change that.

Joshua.