httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Parsing problem in the encoded Url
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:34:06 GMT
On 4/2/07, Alaka Pathy -X (apathy - HCL at Cisco) <apathy@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an issue with the parsing of the url and getting the original uri
> from the url, when the url is encoded.
>
> When I access,  http://servername:port/hh/test?var1=xyz ,
> then the URI generated here is only  /hh/test and args is var1=xyz .
> But when I access
> http://servername:port/hh/test%3Fvar1=xyz, the URI
> generated is /hh/test?var1=xyz and args is null.
>
> So, here the parsing w.r.t. the "?" is not happening correctly. As the
> character is encoded, it's not separating out the URI and the ARGS.
>
> Has anybody encountered this issue ? Does anybody know if there is a bug
> already ?

It's not a bug, as far as I know. The query string must be separated
by a literal ?, not by an encoded ?. Otherwise, there would be no way
for a url-path to have a ?, since it would always be interpreted as
the start of a query string.

So the issue here is with whatever tool is encoding the ?.

Joshua.