httpd-users mailing list archives

From tu enping <tuenp...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache reverse proxy refused to transfer gzip-compressed soap
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:40:35 GMT
Hi all,I am trying to setup a reverse proxy to transfer data based on soap. Let's say we have
three machines:a --- clientb --- reverse proxy server with apache 2.2.0 installedc --- data
provider using mod_gsoap.dll, provide a soap envelope with data inside.In b, I only made following
change to http.conf:Enable following lines ---LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.soLoadModule
deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.soLoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.soLoadModule
proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.soLoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.soLoadModule
proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.soAdd following lines in the end ---   ProxyRequests
Off   <Proxy *>      Order deny,allow      Allow from all   </Proxy>ProxyPass
/RPTest/ http://192.168.2.100/gsoap/I have three scenarios:Scenario 1 --- c provides uncompressed
dataScenario 2 --- c provides gzip-compressed chunk dataScenario 3 --- c provides gzip-compressed
unchunk dataIn
both scenario 1 and 2, client can receive data well. However, in
scenario 3, client can not receive data. Therefore, I tried to compare
scenario 2 and 3 on soap envelope sent by c and soap envelope received
by a. For data sent by c, scenario 2 has a hex number right before the
compressed binary block, while scenario 3 does not have. Seems this hex
number is length of binary block. For data recieved by a, in scenario
3, a received compressed data with content-length 0.I wonder if
apache http server in b tries to interpret soap content and get no
content-length, then apache puts some content-length=0 to repsonse
header. In fact, I only need b works as a bridge, simply transfering
whatever from c to a without any modification. Is my problem
caused by apache modifying content-length in response header? Is there
any way to make apache only pass through data from c just as is? Thanks,Enping