httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fred Sanfrod <fred_sa...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache reverse proxy query
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:21:47 GMT
it will become rapidly obvious, but I am new to the Apache server: i had a need to use a reverse
proxy, so I installed and configured Apache: it works well, happily displaying the content
of the web server i'm protecting. i added authentication by uncommenting the proper mod and
am using our instanstiation of Netegrity's Siteminder. however...

  the inbound requests are to the ASP page i'm protecting and usually carry query data in
the uri, e.g., http://foo.domain.org/foo.asp?name=&addy=&etc ...which does NOT seem
to be passed along to the back end web server. This is true with either a GET or POST method.

  can someone please tell me what am I missing?

  tia,
  fred

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.