httpd-users mailing list archives

From "sharath reddy" <reddy....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mapping URL to remote file system
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:51:39 GMT

> On 4/17/07, detlev von davidson <apache@dpit.de> wrote:
> >

> > sharath reddy wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > How can i map URL to a file system on remote box?
> > >
> > > .. if my apache is running as  www.example.com
> > > <http://www.example.com/test> , then if i want to serve content for
> > > www.example.com/test <http://www.example.com/test> from different box
> > > other than local server
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > presuming by "different box" you mean another webserver, mod_rewrite
> > comes to mind, and as it is, this link here (not all to deeply hidden in
> > the doc pages ;-) sports sort of a howto:
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/rewriteguide.html

is it possible to use mod_rewrite ,if the other box is not a web server ?

I think he's actually looking for a reverse proxy. An introduction to
> the topic is here
> http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies
>
> Joshua.

I went through reverse proxy documentation, can i use this reverse proxy
solution, if i want to map URLs to remote file system which is not a
webserver

Thanks,
Sharath