httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Dudley <sc...@sdudley.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] (13)Permission denied: exec of ... failed
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:09:43 GMT

Boyle Owen wrote:
> [...]
It's a static HTML and it used to work.  How long ago, I don't know but
he has several such examples.  I too would never consider such a
directory structure and have no idea why the author of these sites did
but the issue is - it worked and now it doesn't and he just wants to get
it fixed.

Thanks.

>> -rw-r--r--  1 apache apache 15 Apr 19 00:43 cgi-bin/subdir/index.html
>>

> ...it ain't).
>
> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle
>

>> (13)Permission denied: exec of
>> '/www/docs/domain/cgi-bin/subdir/index.html' failed
>>
>> Permissions all appear correct:
>>
>> drwxr-xr-x  20 apache apache 4096 Apr 19 01:07 cgi-bin/
>> drwxr-xr-x  10 apache apache 4096 Apr 19 00:35 cgi-bin/subdir/
>>
>> No suExec and SELinux is disabled.
>>
>> We can execute CGI's placed in the top-most cgi-bin directory
>> but cannot
>> seem to access any contents located deeper in that tree.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scott Dudley

> This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
the sender's company.

Regards,

Scott Dudley