httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christophe BOULAIN <Christophe.Boul...@ceram.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] LDAP / Active Directory Authentication problem.
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:20:45 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to set up a reverse authenticated proxy for an internal site
of my company.
The authentication is done on a Microsoft Active Directory
Everything works almost fine, but I'm running into problem when users
has special chars (ex accentued letters) in their password. They are
rejected with an invalid password.

When I try to bind to ldap with a such user with ldapsearch command, if
the password is UTF-8 encoded, it's ok, if not, password is rejected

How can I tell apache to use UTF-8 when doing authentification, or to
convert the username/password to UTF-8 before binding to ldap ?
I already try to set AddDefaultCharset to utf-8, but that doesn(t help.

Server info : Gentoo Linux, apache-2.0.59

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Christophe.