httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Dixon <adr...@dixon.ukf.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Rewrite Rule for root directory
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:43:52 GMT
Perhaps this is what you want. I assume you are not serving the abc and
xyz domains from virtual servers on one machine. I have allowed you
might have more than one domain hosted on the xyz server. If not, you
can support very old browsers better by omitting the hostname conditioning.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} ^www.xyz.com.au/(.*)
RewriteRule .* http://www.abc.com.au/test/%1 [R=permanent,L]

If you want the operation to be unnoticeable to your users, you will
need to reverse proxy www.xyz.au.com through to www.abc.au.com, but be
aware there are complications with cookie domains and paths, and more
with https. It would work something like this, using mod_proxy and
mod_rewrite in Apache 2.2.4 Any absolute links in your developed pages
will need rewriting by the reverse proxy server.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} ^www.xyz.com.au/(.*)
RewriteRule .* http://www.abc.com.au/test/%1 [P]

Adrian