httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arsen Hayrapetyan <ahair...@mail.yerphi.am>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI question
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:21:02 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Arsen Hayrapetyan <ahairape@mail.yerphi.am> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The question may sound something primitive, but I could not understand
>> the underlying mechanism...
>>
>> I have a server with the name aligrid1.yerphi.am.
>> DOCUMENT_ROOT == /a/b/httpd/docs
>> and
>> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/a/b/httpd/cgi-bin/"
>>
>> There
>>  is a directory, called 'pub' in my cgi-bin directory, and there is a
>> script, called 'pki' there (/a/b/httpd/cgi-bin/pub/pki)
>>
>> When I type in into my browser the following URL:
>> https://aligrid1.yerphi.am/pub
>> the pki file is executed (though, its name was not in URL). When I make
>> this file not executable, an error appears.
>>
>> Could anybody explain please the mechanism, which Apache works in this
>> situation?
>
> The following is the content of the page /pub/ on your server:
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
>   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
>   <META NAME="Author" CONTENT="Massimiliano Pala">
>   <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Mozilla/4.05 [en] (X11; I; Linux
> 2.0.34 i686) [Netscape]">
> URL=/cgi-bin/pub/pki?cmd=getStaticPage&name=index">
>
> In other words, you (or someone else) has deliberately configured your
> server to forward requests to this other location. It has nothing to
> do with apache configuration.
>
> Joshua.

I am not familiar with Apache, I am learning it, so, please, excuse my
ignorance.
I installed the OpenCA software and now I am trying to understand its
behaviour related to
web-server.
I haven't redirected or forwarded anything in Apache config files. So, I
guess,
that the only place where this redirection could be done is the 'pki'
CGI script (in pub directory).
So, could you please answer the following questions?

1) I think that, when I type in in my browser
https://aligrid1.yerphi.am/pub,
the  web-server looks into 'pub' subdirectory in the directory,
specified by the DocumentRoot in my httpd.conf.
In that directory it finds an executable, called 'pki' and runs it as
CGI script.
Is this correct?

2) Can the redirection done from within the CGI script? Is it possible?

3) Could you, please, tell me, what tool did you use to capture the
content of "/pub/" page?
Is it a Mozilla plug-in or add-on?

Thank you for your time,
Arsen.