httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arsen Hayrapetyan <ahair...@mail.yerphi.am>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI question
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:35:09 GMT
Hello,

The question may sound something primitive, but I could not understand
the underlying mechanism...

I have a server with the name aligrid1.yerphi.am.
DOCUMENT_ROOT == /a/b/httpd/docs
and
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/a/b/httpd/cgi-bin/"

There
 is a directory, called 'pub' in my cgi-bin directory, and there is a
script, called 'pki' there (/a/b/httpd/cgi-bin/pub/pki)

When I type in into my browser the following URL:
https://aligrid1.yerphi.am/pub
the pki file is executed (though, its name was not in URL). When I make
this file not executable, an error appears.

Could anybody explain please the mechanism, which Apache works in this
situation?

Thanks in advance,
Arsen.