httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Dunne <richarddunne1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] date when file was last modified
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:45:56 GMT
Neither am I admittedly, learning as I go!
I have php webpages in my context folder and they are listed when I start the server and go
to http://localhost/ProjectFolder  If I last saved a file yesterday I would expect to see
yesterday date beside the file.  If I then chaged the file and saved it today and restart
apache, I would hope to see todays date beside the file so I am working with the current version.
 I am still seeing 21st April beside a file I changed today after restarting apache.  Can
anyone offer any theories.

Robert T Wyatt <robert.wyatt@mail.utexas.edu>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 8:23:45 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] date when file was last modified

Unfortunately I'm non-php-savvy. Nevertheless, it would seem
reasonable to ask exactly how (and when) index.php is generated.

Good luck,
Robert

Richard Dunne wrote:
> Yes the index page where the files are listed http://localhost/index.php.  I am using
Editplus on XP.  I thought, and I may be wrong, that the last date modified in windows and
apache should be the same, as long as the apache server is restarted after any changes are
made.  If I am wrong, where is apache getting its dates from?  When files are saved in windows,
it gets a date stamp.  I thought apache uses the files current date stamp.  It obviously isnt
in my case!