httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Grandmaison <java97...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache pass ssl+http to tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:11:08 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to setup a tomcat web app in a hosted environment.  The hosted environment uses
apache and virtual hosts to pass requests for certain domains onto tomcat.  I want tomcat
to handle the ssl instead of having apache decrypt and pass the http request to tomcat.  Do
I need to use a connector in order to accomplish this or can I do it through strict apache
configuration?

I initially tried mod_proxy which didn't tell tomcat about the ssl nature of the request and
since I am using an http to https redirect in tomcat an infinite loop ensued.

I also tried mod_jk which worked but resulted in really bad performance problems that disappeared
when I took away mod_jk.

Can the connectors work and pass ssl requests unmodified to tomcat?

Currently running apache 2.2.4ssl with tomcat 5.5.23 and used mod_jk 1.2.21

Thanks for any help.

MG