httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Naveen Rawat" <naveen.ra...@otssolutions.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL-enabled interaction with MySQL
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 04:26:48 GMT
Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the reply.

>> 1. Primarily I wanted to know, if it is possible for an apache
>> (--enable-mods-shared=all --enable-ssl=shared --enable-so) module to
>> interact with a SSL-enabled MySQL (--with-openssl=<DIR>)?
>>
>> 2. If yes, then considering that I have got required keys/certificates
>> for both the client, server and the CA, what are the apache-end APIs that
>> would be needed to make this SSL session possible?
>
>You have not told us anything about how exactly you want apache and
>mysql to interact. Most often, database interaction is the
>responsibility of a web app sitting on top of apache (php, etc).

Sorry for not making that clear.

I am trying to find an implementation for supporting the universal basic
client authentication functionality for anyone who intends to access my
Apache httpd server.

I am using a third party authentication module 'mod_myauth' which will do
this task for me. Unfortunate to my specification this particular module
does not provide for SSL encryption when it validates the data (username /
password) against my database on MySQL. This module is having MySQL C APIs
usage for talking to the databse.

My communication from my module, is database specific (my MySQL is already
SSL-enabled). So is it only up to the MySQL SSL-specific C API to provide
SSL (I tried using mysql_ssl_set() with no success) or there has more to be
done at my module's code end?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
Naveen Rawat