httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Dunne <richarddunne1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and ajax
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:10:37 GMT
My php script is working perfectly and my xmlhttprequest was communicating with the php script
as I was getting readystates 1,2,3,4 and http status 200, only the php script itself was not
getting executed.  The only element I changed was changing from jakarta tomcat to apache.
 I'm in the middle of reworking my javascript as a result.

----- Original Message ----
From: Pid <p@pidster.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:39:01 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache and ajax

Richard Dunne wrote:
> I was using localhost:8080 on jakarta tomcat to view php webpages and
> execute an xmlhttprequest, but I found that this version on tomcat was
> not compatible with php scripts.  So I installed apache 2.0 instead.
> Now when I try to execute the same request, I am getting this
> unspecified error: code 0:
> the specified line is
> http.setRequestHeader("text");
> http.send(null);
> Does anyone have an idea why this is causing an error?

Is that from the Javascript? If so, which library are you using?

Try installing and familiarising yourself with these plugins for
Firefox: Firebug, Chris Pedericks 'Web Developer Toolbar' and
LiveHttpHeaders.  Using these you can examine the request, response and
the javascript as it runs.

Having said all this, it's more likely that either PHP isn't installed
properly, or your PHP script or Javascript isn't working as expected.