httpd-users mailing list archives

From hydn79 <hayden.ja...@pinstack.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Running one website via two apache running boxes (windows)
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:39:46 GMT

I think I'll try this:
> Alternatively, you may choose to split up your site and have certain
> portions handled by the MySQL box. For instance, use mod_proxy to
> send part of your traffic to the back-end, and/or running your
> application server there.

I want to send all request for images to the server to the 2nd server.
I will still need to add the 2nd server's ip to the A record for the domain
correct?

Also, if the IP's are 123.123.123.1 (Server A web server) 123.123.123.2
(Server B - images server)

How would I tell request to go to server B for images? (I've already copied
the images to the htdocs folder on server B)

Also when users upload images (they get written to server A so how do they
stay sync'd with Server B)?