httpd-users mailing list archives

From hydn79 <hayden.ja...@pinstack.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Running one website via two apache running boxes (windows)
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:18:23 GMT

I've mirrored the htdocs to the 2nd server. And they file sync every 15 mins.

Problem:
server 1 is www.mysite.com with ip 123.123.123.1
server 2 is simply a different ip eg 123.123.123.2

What is the best method to share the load across the two apache servers?

I notice in the apache console there's a button "Connect" where you can
"connect to a remote server". Can that be used to access the htdocs on
Server 1 by apache web service on server 2?

Or even better, suggest the best way to lower some of the load on my web
server as the 2nd box (mysql server) is almost idle. I've install apache on
it but don't know how to connect the two.

I've spent the last two days searching and experimenting all over the web
then I fond this place today and decided to give it a go. Thanks all.

Thanks,