httpd-users mailing list archives

From jekillen <jekil...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Where is libphp5.so?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:38:10 GMT

On Mar 22, 2007, at 6:40 AM, Sander Temme wrote:

> Hey Jeff,
>
> On Mar 21, 2007, at 4:58 PM, jekillen wrote:
>
>> I was hoping for someone with enough knowledge of the development
>> side of php that they could give me some specific suggestions about
>> what to look for in scripts used in the configure, build and install
>> process.
>
> This is not a PHP list... you may find people more closely tied to PHP
> on their support fora.
>
> It's weird. make install should install the PHP module under your
> Apache installation.  It did for me the last time I built PHP.  Please
> take it to the PHP folks directly.
>
> S.

Yes, I know it is not a php list, and yes I did post to the php install
list.
All I have been getting (some 4 or 5 messages) are notices that my
ISP detected virus in attachment to responsed from that list.
I did post originally to the php general questions list and did get a
few
straight responses and a suggestion to try php install.
The reason I think this might actually be an Apache issue is I have
tried two different versions of php and have gotten the same result.
So I am thinking that either apxs has some problem or the php make
and is not using it right. As I understand it that is what allows php to
be built as an so without having to rebuild Apache.
And, since php and apache are so closely coupled, I thought that
someone here with some knowledge might give me a useful clue.
Thanks;
Jeff K