httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steffen Kaiser <Steffen.Kai...@inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Add charset in depend of meta tag
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:02:46 GMT
Hello,

is it possible in Apache 2.0.54 to add the charset to the header only, when
there is none in the meta tags of the served page? Or to send the charset
of the page?

The threads "Russian page not displayed properly in Apache 2.0" and "meta
http-equiv useless??" suggest no, the answer therein is:

either use AddDefaultCharset or have the correct charset specified in a meta
tag of all pages.

Actually, I don't want to do neither of them, but apply utf-8 to all pages
without a meta tag, because I re-publish pages I do not control. Is there
some module for it possibly?

I stumbled across something called "Mod_charset", but in the conjunction
of "Russian Apache" and PHP only.

Thanks,

Steffen