httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:34:44 GMT
On 3/26/07, Peter Lauri <lists@dwsasia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some problems getting my mod_rewrite to work on my development
> server. On my
> production server (fedora c6) this works fine. But on my development server
> (fedora c6) it
> woun't work.
>
> I have a file basicpage.php that is located in the webroot. I then have
> a .htaccess file
> with the following content:
>

> #DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
> #Options +FollowSymLinks
> #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^article/([0-9]+)/[-a-zA-Z]+$ /basicpage.php?id=$1
> </IfModule>
>

> The rewrite works as expected on the production server, but on the development
> server it
> don't want to work. I also tried it on a windows machine but it don't want to
> work there
> either.

What happens specifically when you use it? Does it get ignored entirely?

Do you need to use .htaccess? Things are much less complicated if you
put your directives in httpd.conf (with the appropriate path
modifications in the RewriteRule).

Also, remove the <IfModule> and </IfModule> lines which only serve to
hide useful error messages.

And use the RewriteLog.

Joshua.