httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gaël Lams" <lamsg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] help with mod_authz_ldap
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:02:45 GMT
On 3/20/07, Todd Nine <todd.nine@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I'm having a bit of trouble getting mod_authz_ldap to work.  I have my OU
> layout and my posix groups layout included.  I'm simply trying to
> authenticate the user "tnine" against the group
>  cn=development,ou=Groups,dc=arocksoftware,dc=com
>

>  I receive the following error, so I'm obviously not getting authorized
>
> auth_ldap authenticate: user tnine authentication failed; URI /vcproject/
> [ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][No such object]
>

>  I have the following settings in my authorization directive.  But I have
> several questions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> 1. I'm using a posixGroup, is that not possible?
> 2. I have set the log level to debug, but I only get the above line in the
> error_log.  I'd like to see the query string its issuing, is that possible?
> 3. I thought that by setting the AuthLDAPGroupAttribute it would find my
> username and authenticate me, is that not correct?

I personally always look on the ldap back-end side to see the query
string being issued. Which ldap directory are you using

Before working with a group, do you have the ldap authentication
working for a single user?

"require valid-user" directive requires that mod_authz_user be loaded
and that the AuthzLDAPAuthoritative directive be set to off but you
have it set to off
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#reqvaliduser).

AuthLDAPGroupAttribute specifies which LDAP attributes are used to
check for group membership.
The require directives are used during the authorization phase: are
you sure you're right in specifying both require valid-user and
require ldap-group? As said a few lines below, require valid-user
require an additional authorization modules (mod_authz_user). Why
don't use only require ldap-group? This whay you could let
"AuthzLDAPAuthoritative On"?

Regards,

Gaël