httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Stephen \(ASPIRE\)" <steve.fos...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Serving local static content but proxying all others.
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:18:11 GMT
Hi there,

I am implementing mod_proxy in order to send all requests to a proxy server but i want to
be able to be able to serve some static content (mostly gifs, jpg's and CSS files) locally
without proxying the requests to the proxy server.
I am happy with the ability to setup mod_proxy but i don't want to maintain a list of URI's
to be proxied in my apache configuration, likewise i don't want to have to re-configure apache
if the developers add new directories or content types to the DocumentRoot directory.
Is it possible to configure apache to serve content if it exists locally but if not to proxy
it to a proxy server. I am basically trying to make the apache configuration as static as
we possibly can but flexible enought do differentiate between local content and what is has
to proxy.

Has anyone got any experience of doing this?

Cheers

Steve