httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Earl, Robert\(IT\)" <Ear...@emssatcom.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache with SSL
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:41:20 GMT
I'm sure this has been asked before but I don't see how to get a history
of postings to view.

I would like to use Apache 2.x with SSL. The binary has 'no_ssl' in its
name, so I assume you cannot use SSL with that precompiled version. Is
there a precompiled version that can be found that has it, or do I need
to recompile it myself ? I saw somewhere that SSL can be used as a
module using the loadmodule directive which would indicate to me that
you would not need to recompile apache. Another place I read you have to
recompile it. Seems the information I have read is conflicting and I am
not sure which way to go. I don't want to waste a lot of time figuring
out how to compile it if I it's not necessary.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.