httpd-users mailing list archives

From nat.col...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Restrict access to folders
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:55:07 GMT
Hey Bruce, I'm a newbie and I'm interested in this question, too, so thanks for asking.

----- Original Message ----
From: Bruce Hyatt <bjhyatt@myway.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 12:42:37 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Restrict access to folders

Sorry, this is probably a tired newbie question. I've read the httpd.conf file and browsed
the archives but haven't found what I'm looking for. If you could just point me in the right
direction I'd be really happy.

I want to set up something similar to virtual hosts but I only have one domain name.

What I have in mind and I believe I've seen before is:

www.myDomainName.com/PersonalSite
www.myDomainName.com/ProfessionalSite

set up so that people can't navigate up to the root, see the other site and navigate to it.
I don't want to have to restrict the individual sites to password access.

TIA,
Bruce

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.