httpd-users mailing list archives

From Charles Michener <micheck...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Task Completion Time Questions
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:01:39 GMT
I have an Intel powered desktop/server running the latest release of Apache on Windows XP.
 The server is serving many small static HTM files (~5k/).

I added the %D parameter to my activity log to see how long it was taking to service requests.
I have two questions regarding this information:

1: Most (>95%) of the actions take between 0.2 and 0.3 seconds - is this a typical result?

2: A few (<5%) take much longer - several seconds to several minutes - I have noticed almost
all of these are being requested by the Ask Jeeves bot. - is this something to be concerned
about and what are some of the causes for this type of delay? There does not seem to be any
correlation between server request load and these delays.

Charles Michener