httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bindul Bhowmik" <bindulbhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_jk2 and stickysession
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 06:49:53 GMT
Hello Ashok,

On 3/5/07, Ashok V <ashokvishnu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using mod_jk2 for load balancing. I have configured two tomcat machines
> in worker2.properties file. The issue is that I do not want the client
> sessions to be sticky. If I set the value of stickySession to 1, all
> requests from a particular client is routed to the same server. If I set the
> value to 0, the session state is not maintained in both the servers, and I
> cannot run the application. Has anybody come across similar situation. Any
> suggestions would be most welcome.

To maintain the same session state in multiple servers, you will have
to replicate sessions across the servers. Sticky sessions don't
perform session replication. If you are using Tomcat 5.5 and above,
you can use Tomcat Clustering / Session Replication [1][2][3]. Tomcat
5.0 has limited cluster support.

HTH
Bindul

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html