httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Vista Ultimate - 403 Forbidden by Options directive
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:21:39 GMT

On Mar 18, 2007, at 8:57 AM, Shane Arnold wrote:

> <Directory /www/docs/ftp>
>    Options FollowSymLinks

<..>

> [Sun Mar 18 23:53:15 2007] [error] [client 203.59.68.203] Directory
> index forbidden by Options directive: C:/www/docs/ftp/

You need to add the Indexes option to Options and restart your service.

> Every single Options directive I could find is set to order
> allow,deny - allow all. As you can see I have set the relevant
> <Directory> directive for the virtualhost too (the path is correct
> and contains a basic txt document)

You're requesting the / path, which will cause Apache to serve
whatever is set in DirectoryIndex (usually index.html) or, in its
absence, construct a directory listing IF it is allowed to (see above).

If the operating system doesn't allow httpd to read a file, you'll
get a different error in the log.  The error.log is exactly the right
place to look for that kind of stuff.

S.