httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Tchepannou" <melli...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache mod_jk <-> Tomcat AJP connectors question
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:09:05 GMT
Hi,

We use apache, mod_jk and tomcat/jboss. I am currently investigating a
recurrent error message spotted in our jboss/tomcat logs:

WARN  [ChannelSocket] processCallbacks status 2

I have received a suggestion to set the worker's MaxRequestsPerChild to 0
(currently set to 10000), but before implementing this change I would like
to go to the bottom of this problem.

I understand apache requests will be forwarded to tomcat/jboss via the AJP
connectors and the response will be sent back through the same channel. I
suspect that apache disposes the child processes even before the response
arrives from the application server, causing this error message at that .
Based on the assumption that previous statement is correct, does apache have
a compensation mechanism to recognise when responses are not complete and
initiate a retry?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

--
Best Regards,