httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help: how to configure multiple apache servers behind a hardware load balancer
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:21:41 GMT
On 3/8/07, anton <way_uhf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a decently experienced apache user on ONE
> webserver.  I'm trying to switch to two apache servers
> behind a Foundry hardware load balancer.
>
> I need a tutorial which would explain how to configure
> multiple apache servers behind a hardware load
> balancer.
>
> I have a domain name correctly resolving to the
> balancer's ip and the balancer correctly forwarding
> the requests to each server.  That's working fine.
> Things get confusing when I try to configure each
> server's ServerName and virtual hosts.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You just need to make sure each server has the server name that the
client sees. So if you have
www.mydomain.com
and this resolves correctly to the loadbalancer than you just  need to have
ServerName www.mydomain.com
in your config on each server.

In theory you could even run each webserver with the same httpd.conf.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland