httpd-users mailing list archives

From Borut Maricic <borut.mari...@pobox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Seeing 0.0.0.0 in access.log
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:30:11 GMT
Hello all!

I have to admit that I am new to Apache. However, I hope
that this is not an unbearably newbie question (although it
is definitely a strange one, I am afraid).

The problem that I have is that all the lines in my
access.log contain the IP number 0.0.0.0. I have made myself
acquainted with LogFormat and CustomLog configuration
commands, as well as the appropriate formats on
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

I have also proved that my changes to LogFormat take effect.
I have 0.0.0.0 in access.log both when I use format %h
(default for remote host) and format %a (remote IP-address).

I have also proved with WireShark protocol analyzer that my
server machine receives a correct remote IP-adress indeed.
Results are the same, irrespectively of the path I take
from my browser (either out, via DynDns; or directly to the
server machine name, entirely via my local LAN).

My server machine is behind a router (Fritz!Box), which
itself goes out via pppoe through Zyxel DSL-modem in a
bridge mode, so to speak (if of any interest). My Apache
2.2.4 runs on an W2K professional SP4.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
Borut